A Place where I found real meaning in Solobaz

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Testing Is In the Air – Weekends Welcome Me!


As most of you have guessed it’s a blog on those 2 damn days (11th-July and 12th July) of my Project, the so called PLUTO. I am the proud Owner (Tester to be true :-D) of the 3 components and I always finish my task on time. But hey hey! This blog is neither about my Project nor my work. This is about those damn 2 days!

This whole story started when I got a critical update and I had to verify whether everything was okay or not. So I started well before and I had planned to complete it till Friday. Everything was fine and I was happily and smoothly sailing on the boat. I had to verify this update on all of my 3 Components but still I knew I could manage. My over-confidence was boosted still more when I finished testing on 2 of my components and I thought now only “Firewall” remains. But then as the weekends approached things started to get a bit difficult and I could figure out that my sweet honeymoon will soon be over.

Matters became more complicated when it came to my surprise that I had to verify the update on all of the 3 platforms available. Already I had 2 scenarios to test and then 3 platforms total made the count to 6 and I knew it could easily become overhead for me. So I told them that nobody in this world would be able to complete this much testing within such short specified time limits, but I got the obvious – “Everything is automated, you can do it“. So I fancied and told myself that I could finish. As Friday approached things started to get worse. It was found that our lab dint had the appropriate connectivity and also some Viruses were happily finding their Sweet Homes in our testing machines and then my wonderful dreamland came thrashing into pieces in front of me when I discovered that I will not be able to complete the testing. Getting nervous I came to know that I may have to come on weekends to complete my testing. But it was already very late and I knew I had to come. The last nail in my coffin came when all the connectivity suddenly went out! Alas!

So, I packed my bags and left for home. Then came the weekends and I suddenly felt that the Testing was in the Air, when all of my frens were getting relaxed and chilling on weekends and I was stuck with this Damn Testing. There were no ACs running as it was weekend, also I could not find anything fit to eat and on top of that there was no cool water to drink. It finally took me 2 very dear days of a week and then at 10pm (from 2pm-10pm everyday) in the night finally I came to a stable level where I could say that there was nothing to worry and we could signoff on Monday. Then on Monday till 1pm in the afternoon I was able to finish off my testing and could sign off the same.

No comments: